In order to attract attention to our area of Northeast Ohio now is the time to start talking the gas company’s language. They want to know two things, who is committed and what do they want. By joining the Mineral Rights Group NE you are telling the gas companies that you are committed and you want a minimum of the terms found in our landowner friendly lease.
About the Group
- MRG NE is run by experienced gas and oil attorneys
- Currently the group is estimated at 2,000 acres of official membership.
- Over 20,000 acres have shown interest in the group.
- The Group serves a 3 County Area – Ashtabula, Geauga, and Lake Counties.
Benefits of MRG NE Membership
- Increased bargaining power when negotiating a lease
- Negotiation of premium bonus and royalty payments
- Landowner friendly lease terms
- Support from licensed attorneys throughout the leasing process
- Assistance with title issues after lease signing
- Peace of mind in knowing that someone is in your corner
Who is eligible for the Group?
- People that do not have wells drilled on their property (“held by production”) and haven’t signed a lease yet (“under lease”).
- People that have old abandoned wells on their property, or own their wells.
- People that have signed leases that will expire within the next 12 months due to lack of development.
- Be careful of signing with lessees that cannot fund leases. This makes you ineligible for the Group (they are acting as a broker would, however you have no control with making decisions on terms and price).
How to Get Started
- Hire us to help you! Agree to give us some time to work for you. No obligation but your time, we get paid when you get paid.
- If/when we get a lease offer for you at the price you like, and landowner-friendly terms, you will have the opportunity to sign a lease.
- We are paid a small percentage of the signing bonus. No fee on royalties or second bonus payments.
- If you don’t like the final lease, or price terms, you don’t have to sign.